As a girl, most of us have a vanity full of perfumes that we’ve collected over the years. Some we bought because we love the way it smells and some just because we like the way the bottle looks sitting on our counter. I’ve always wanted to be one of those people that has a “signature scent”, but the problem is I love too many! One of my favorite childhood memories was giving my mom a hug before she went out to dinner with my dad, smelling her perfume in her fur coat, and thinking she was the most glamorous lady to ever walk the earth.
So, even though I’ve found my “signature scent”, I figured I’d share with you a few of my favorites! I found most of these by asking people who I thought smelled good what kind of perfume they were wearing, so let me know what others I need to try in the comments!
1. TOM FORD BLACK ORCHID: (description from Sephora) The custom grown (and über rare) TOM FORD BLACK ORCHID is the show-stopping note in this incredibly luxurious scent. Sultry woods and rich fruit accords help to bring out the skin’s natural perfume, and the jet-black, art-deco inspired bottle adds to the fragrances overall glamour. *This is one of my all time favorites and I always get compliments when I wear it. Just be careful not to use too much because it’s strong!
2. KAI: (description from Fragrantica.com) Kai is a gorgeous fragrance based on white flowers with dominance of gardenia, fresh and very natural.*If you love gardenias, you’ll love this scent. I carry the oil roller in my pocketbook.
3. VIKTOR & ROLF FLOWERBOMB: (description from Sephora) This floral explosion releases a profusion of flowers that has the power to make everything seem more positive. Magically evocative notes immediately awaken your deepest senses, giving you the impression of living life in your own secret garden, away from reality. Sambac jasmine, centifolia rose, cattleya orchid, and ballerina freesia bloom on a base of patchouli. *Flowerbomb should be in every girly-girl’s collection!
4. JO MALONE LIME BASIL & MANDARIN: (description from Nordstrom) Reminiscent of the scent of limes carried on a Caribbean sea breeze, Lime Basil & Mandarin has become a modern classic for men and women. Fresh limes and zesty mandarins are undercut by peppery basil and aromatic white thyme in this alluring signature blend. *One day I told my mother-in-law how good she smelled and the next day she surprised me with it as a gift! I use this one as my everyday scent and always get a ton of compliments. It’s definitely a more masculine scent.
5. ARMANI PRIVE PIERRE DE LUNE: (description from Neiman Marcus) Pierre de Lune boasts the floral nobility of Cassie Flower, green and penetrating, enhanced with a hint of Belambre, a customised synthetic note with vibrant amber undertones. A fragrance hewn by Giorgio Armani himself with precision, enhanced with the ultimate refinement of a French garden. *I really don’t even know how to describe this one, other than I absolutely love it. It’s also one of my all-time favorites, but I probably won’t ever buy it again because it’s so expensive. I bought it without asking the price because I thought there was no way it was more than $60 or so. Needless to say, I was way wrong. Lesson learned. Why does perfume have to be so expensive??