Hi. My name is Emily and I used to be addicted to hair extensions. I’ve had every kind from the bonded to the tape-ins to simple clip-ins, and of course had the broken off hair to show for it. On top of that, I don’t know if you all remember, but last year (September 9th, 2014.. not that I’ve kept track or anything) I got bangs cut and as embarrassing as it is to admit, it was a traumatizing experience to say the least. Just picture me hiding under my covers and ordering headbands on my computer like a maniac. Not pretty.
Over the past year I have been on a mission to get my hair to be as healthy as possible, all the while avoiding the easy fix of throwing in some extensions. So, here are my biggest tips for growing your hair out and keeping it as healthy as possible!
- Hair Vitaimins– I give these to all of my friends that are trying to grow their hair out and they really do work so quickly! After I got my bangs cut I started taking these and they were significantly grown out after a month of taking these vitamins. Even my husband noticed!
- Wet Brush– This is pretty much the only hairbrush I use besides my Mason Pearson brush. If you’re not ready to splurge on a MP, try this one! It’s so much easier on your hair than a traditional hairbrush.
- Deep Conditioner- I use this Living Proof Hair Treatment once a week
- Scrunchies- I put my hair in a bun on the top of my head with a giant scrunchie every night!
- Silk Pillowcase– I bought this at Sephora and it has made my blow outs last so much longer!
- Dry Shampoo- This is a safe place, right? Please don’t judge me but I wash my hair about once a week. Part because its not good to wash your hair too much and mostly because I’m lazy. I buy this Living Proof Dry Shampoo in bulk!
What are your secrets for growing out a bad haircut? Or just keeping your hair healthy? Leave them in comments!